Some of what we can help with...
- Emotional Difficulties
- Crisis support/suicide assessment
- Coping techiques
- Self-care techniques
- Relationship/family problems
- Parenting concerns
- Chronic pain
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Harmful habits
- Sleep problems
- Drug/Alcohol issues
- Diet Concerns
- Chronic mental illness management
- Caregiver stress/support
- Community referrals
- Assistance finding resources
What is a social worker/therapist:
- They can assist when habits, behaviors, stress, worry or emotional concerns about physical or other life problems are interfering with a patient’s daily life and/or overall health.
- They work with your primary care provider to evaluate the mind-body behavior connection and provide brief, solution-focused interventions, working towards lifestyle changes.
- We all work together to develop behavioral change plans that take into consideration the physical and emotional aspects of your concerns and help to determine a course of action that will work best for you.
Services provided by a social worker/therapist:
- Brief or short term counseling
- Assessments, behavioral treatment planning & recommendations
- Referrals: other mental health agencies, resources (housing, medication assistance, transportation etc…)
- Appointments can vary from about 15 to 60 minutes
Nurses and Medical Assistants:
- They play many roles on your primary care team
- They could be the first person you talk to when you have health concerns
- They work closely with your primary care provider and the social worker/therapist
- They can assist with making referrals
How to make referrals to a social worker/therapist:
- Through your primary care provider
- Self-referrals by calling the clinic
- Schedule an appointment by calling the front desk at your clinic
Contact the social worker/therapist at your clinic with any questions.
- Beaverton Clinic – Jenna Fahlander, LPC, 503-520-2803
- Canby Clinic – Adam Reinstein, LCSW, 503-723-4663
- North Portland Clinic – Jenna Fahlander, LPC, 503-520-2803
- Oregon City Clinic – Adam Reinstein, LCSW, 503-723-4663
- Tigard Clinic – Jenna Fahlander, LPC, 503-520-2803